I did this when we were expecting Tobias and it worked, the majority came out as a boy, so I thought I would do it again. Obviously, the only true way to find out a baby’s gender is when it is born, but why wouldn’t you want to have a little fun!
You are more likely to be carrying a boy if…
• Your baby’s heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute.
• You are carrying all out front.
• You are carrying low.
• You didn’t suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester.
• Your right breast is bigger than your left.
• You look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate.
• You crave salty food or protein.
• You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even.
• Your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy.
• The hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy.
• You are more prone to headaches.
• Your pillow faces north when you sleep.
• When you are asked to show your hands, you present them palms down.
• You lie on your left side when sleeping.
• Your urine is bright yellow.
• You have been married for less than a year when you conceived. The idea is that the longer you are married, the less sex you have and male sperm moves faster but does not live long.
• You were stressed at the time of conception.
• If conceived in summer than this suggests a boy whilst a winter conception suggests a girl. Farmers have noticed this effect in animals for many years.
You are more likely to be having a girl if…
• You are carrying all round.
• You are carrying high.
• You have missed the “blooming” period altogether.
• You suffered morning sickness during your first 12 weeks.
• Your left breast is bigger than your right.
• You crave sweet things.
• Your skin is soft.
• You are more moody than usual.
• When asked to show your hands, you present them palms up.
• You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd.
• Your urine is dull yellow.
• If you are over 35 years old there is evidence that your age affects the gender.
• The father of the baby is over 40. It seems that the older a dad is, the quality of sperm does deteriorate.
• If you have two or more children already, then this suggests it could be a girl.
When looking at myself with the above I get 16 points for a boy and 16 points for a girl! So this is inconclusive!
The Chinese Gender Predictor
This is a chart that uses your age when conceived, together with the month you conceived in, to establish what you are having. Last time, it predicted I would get a boy, however, when I used Gavin’s age he got a girl! This time round it’s the opposite, I get a GIRL prediction and Gavin gets a BOY!
Baking Powder Test
To complete the test put two tablespoons of baking powder in a glass and add some of your urine. If the combination fizzes, then you are having a boy. If there is no reaction at all from the mixture, it’s a girl. When I tried this test last time it came out as a boy. This time round, it fizzed, so I’m predicted a BOY.
The Cabbage Test
To complete the test, chop up a red cabbage and boil for ten minutes then remove from the heat. Combine equal parts of your urine with the boiled cabbage water. If the mixture turns pink or red, it’s a boy. If it turns purple, you are having a girl. When I completed this test first time round the result was inconclusive. This time round it turned a deep red colour, meaning a BOY.
Wedding Ring or Needle Gender Test
To complete this test attach the mum-to-be’s wedding ring or a needle to a thread, have the mum-to-be lie on her back, dangle the thread over their belly and allow it to move without interfering with the motion. If the thread moves in a pendulum motion, the test indicates that it’s a boy. If the thread moves in a circular motion, the test indicates a girl. I got Gavin to do this on me, (with his not so steady hands) three times to make sure there was an overall result. The answer came out as expecting a BOY!
Overall, the majority of the predictions lead me to believe I may be expecting a BOY. I can say this, it was extremely fun trying all the different gender prediction tests but the only thing that is sure is there is a baby growing inside me and it isn’t long now until Gavin, Tobias and I meet our new baby!
Doing such fun tests were some of my memorable things during pregnancy :). Find my gender-prediction escapades at
LikeLiked by 1 person